Triangular Granny Pillow

Tuesday 27 January 2015



Oh don't you just love the feeling of finishing another project

There are those long-term projects that make you proud and satisfied. You proved yourself that you can be persistend and patient. I'm very close to finishing a project I am working on since May 2014! It took me almost one year to finish it but more on that in the next post. 

On the other hand there are those projects that are gratifying because they are quick to work and give you almost instant satisfaction. You can watch them grow almost every day. In creative life I always need projects from both categories to keep me happy and motivated. 

The Triangular Granny Pillow was clearly an instant satisfying project. It took me about two weeks (next to other projects) to finish this soft colored pillow case. For this project I altered a pattern I found in the Simply Crochet Magazin #1 to make the triangles smaller. When I started this project just like that I didn't think it would make such trouble to join the triangles. Maybe I should have worked some kind of space where the triangles meet because after joining they were totally squished. Nevertheless blocking made everything look better again. Yet there are many bumps and holes. For the back I worked half double crochet.

When crocheting I fell in love with the color combination mustard yellow and pale rose- I have to make a project with these colors soon.



2 comments:

  1. Oh it's so pretty! I saw an image on Pinterest of some bedding, in pink, mustard, brown and white. The colours looked so lovely together that I bought some yarn to make a scarf. I am desperate to start it, but have a blanket to finish.....and about 10 million other things in my head to make!

    Gorgeous cushion!

    Have a lovely rest of a day!

    Vanessa : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vanessa,
      thank you so much for all your great comments! You really put a smile upon my face today.´:)

      Oh yeah the mustard is gorgeous. Until a few weeks ago this was a color I tried to avoid but now I've completely fallen in love with it (especially in combination with a soft pink).

      Talking about projects to come: I feel you! I have so many ideas in my head and preferably I want to start them all at once. Now!

      I'm excited about your scarf. Do you already have a pattern in mind? Maybe I will see it soon on your blog.

      Have a great day yourself
      Christine

      Delete